Saturday, October 8, 2011

Cream Lace Wedding Cake

Cream Lace Wedding Cake



Well, here it is friends....the cake I've been preparing for since last week!

I based my design on these cakes by Rebecca Sutterby: www.flickr.com/photos/sutterby/3168709582/in/set-72157612... and www.flickr.com/photos/sutterby/3646121101/in/set-72157612...

I've been dying to do this design for a while, and I was pretty much given total creative control of this cake. It was for my step-brother's wedding and his bride-to-be told me the colors and that she liked square cakes and told me to surprise her. So I did! I decided to use lace on the one side instead of the damask stenciling because the bride's dress was lace.

It's a four tier cake frosted in buttercream and then covered in white chocolate fondant. Fondant ribbon detailing down one side. Lace molds were used to create the design on the other side. All the flowers are sugar and were handmade.

The bride and groom loved the cake and so did all the guests! There was also a groom's cake, but I forgot to get a picture of it all together.

I'm really pleased with how the cake turned out and can't wait to see the professional pictures of it.

Congrats Brandon & Julie!

2 comments:

  1. It tasted even better than it looks! Thanks Rebecca! Everyone loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome! I was happy to make it! :-)

    ReplyDelete